Monday, March 18, 2013

20 Random Things that You Might Not Know About Me

 

Lauriloth

1. I am currently copying my daughter’s blog post idea. 
(You can find her by clicking on the elf.)

                


2.  I don’t know my spiritual birthday, but the Lord saved me when I was in the 4th grade while I was reading the book of Matthew and pretending that I was in a Sunday School Class. 

3.  I took typing in high school, again in college, and after a zillion years of experience, I’m still not good at it. 

4.  Although I do crazy amounts of laundry in our household, I still can’t fold sheets neatly, either.  

5.  When I watch TV and movies, I pay more attention to the decorating and landscape then the plot. Rose-Cottage-01
Pictured here is “Rose Cottage” from “The Road to Avonlea” which is one of my favorite series to swoon over the sets…

6.  My hard working father-in-law built our house from scratch, down to using trees from the land it was built on for the lumber, and we moved in one very special Christmas day.

homesweethome 
7.  I’m sentimental.

8.  I’m a homebody.

9.  I don’t like to use the word “I” so much, but in a post like this, “I” don’t have much choice. 

10.  My grandparents were rather silly…

riding bull 

As for my mom and dad - 

Scarlet and Rhett  
two words:  Scarlett and Rhett. 

11.  We have two pianos in our house, one for Victorian decorating purposes, and one from my growing up years. 

12. I have a thing for Peanuts Christmas music, and I am working on learning to play several selections on the piano, although I am not very skilled, and I have to learn mostly by rote (not a typo this time… Rote - not note - just sayin’ Winking smile).

13.  I’ve never met a dog that I didn’t like.

DSC_6836
Pictured is “Bubbles,” my little pal who is obsessed with socks.

14.  If monkeys were domesticated, I would get one.

15. The spiritual gifts that I am most aware of that the Lord gave me is the gift of discernment and the gift of mercy.

 16.  I have a thing for old fashioned schoolhouses and old wooden desks, and while I’m at it, sweet artwork like this.

 schoolhouse

17.  I love weather, and wish I had studied meteorology.

18.  I love to hear birds singing, and wind chimes tinkling.

DSC_9307 (3) - Copy

19.  In the afternoon, you would most likely find me in the kitchen baking some kind of sweets.

20.  I can never have enough doilies, but I don’t much like the word doily.

Okay, one more…

21.  I’m mighty glad that you stopped by today!!

Signature

9 comments:

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

What a fun post!

Stephanie said...

I agree with Lauren, what a fun post :)

Folding sheets, especially fitted sheets, are a chore for me and they don't come out well.

The picture of your parents is darling! I agree, Scarlet and Rhett:)

Bubbles is too cute and I agree, you can never have too many doilies.

Thanks for sharing. It was a delightful visit!

Hugs,
Stephanie

JES said...

This was simply fun to read :) Thanks for sharing about yourself :)

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Such a fun idea. Love the house and history! Thanks for sharing this fun post!

Anonymous said...

We have several things in common, I see. Going down you list...

I too watch the decorating and landscapes. Because of the, I can watch the same move over and over just soaking up the details. My daughter thinks I am very funny that way. I especially love details of cozy homes. One home I always love to watch is the apartment on Please Don't Eat the Daisies.

I am sentimental and a homebody, as well. Oh, how I love being at home.

I love the Peanuts Christmas music :)

I love weather!

I love the birds singing and wind chimes. (my husband does not share my love of wind chimes)

OH how I love sweets. (anyone can bake them)

I love visitors to my blog :)

Have a wonderful day!
:) Hope

Pam said...

What a wonderful, fun post! I just loved reading these fun tidbits about you. Scarlet and Rhett are adorable. I can't fold sheets either. (Lately I've been rolling up the fitted and flat sheet together along with one pillowcase and then putting all of that into the other pillowcase. All together, and I don't have to fold!) Also, I pay more attention to the decorating and landscape on TV than to the plot too. Thank you so much for your kind words about Lucy at my blog. We miss her so much. Have a wonderful day!

Mrs.T said...

A very fun post! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better!

R's Rue said...

Thank you for making me smile today!
God Bless!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

ChristinaD said...

I recently discovered your blog while searching for images quite like the ones you use on your blog. I went through your posts and they are wonderful and you and I are quite alike in the sorts of images we are drawn to! I also LOVE doilies but I too hate the word =) Thought I was the only one lol.
I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out in my post! ( I also nominated your daughter!) http://momlovesfreebies.blogspot.com/2013/12/my-first-liebster-award-nomination.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...