Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simply Heart & Soul: An Immeasurable and Inexhaustible Power Supply

Habakkuk had reason to feel hopeless. The Babylonians would soon attack his homeland and he was facing probable destruction. But look at his response in verse 18 and 19.

18Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. Hab. 3:18-19

He had been spending time with God -- his short book is a record of his conversation with God, about the way the Lord does things.  He didn’t like, understand, or grasp God’s mysterious ways, but Habakkuk gripped the principle that God knows what He is doing.  Habakkuk responded in faith, trusting his Creator.

At some point in life, most all of us will face circumstances that look grim, creating a whirlwind of emotions deep inside of us; discouragement, hopelessness, helplessness, powerlessness, fearfulness.  It is key to remind yourself that

Christ is your strength.

Christ is your hope.

Christ is your stability.

Christ is your power supply.

His strength, the hope that He offers, His stability, and His power are all immeasurable and inexhaustible, and each are yours when He is yours.

I prefer using manual focus on my camera’s lens.  Nonetheless, when I am faced with difficulty and hardship, my natural tendency is to “zoom in” and autofocus my mind directly on my troubles.  Allowing ourselves to do this can cause us to be all consumed by the struggles that we face.  There is a better way. 

Zoom in on Jesus, and

manually focus your mind directly on Him.

What a difference that makes with our perspective!

As Habakkuk did,

come to Him and His Word so that He can equip you with all that you need.

Then, with confidence,

rest in Him,

allowing your anxieties to melt away with

His beautiful, restoring love and hope,

which only He can give.

Key with psalm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...