Monday, August 6, 2012

Adventure of the Best Kind

Sailor Boy

Do you like adventure?

You do?  Good!  So how about take part in an adventure to reclaim stolen territory—God’s territory? 

There is so much need in our world.  Will you be one of the few that is willing to help souls that desperately need to know and experience the love of Jesus?

Now, just in case you don’t feel qualified, here’s the thing.  You are!

God made you with just the right traits—your knowledge, your gifts and talents, your temperament, your life experiences—all of which will help you as you witness, serve, and live out God’s calling for your life.

Why, you’re His beloved child and friend!  He’s full of plans and purpose for you (and don’t let anyone or anything convince you otherwise!).

I bet you already know where to begin…

Yep,  you got it, in prayer and in His Word. 

  • Take care to make your relationship with Him your first priority
  • Seek His guidance with an obedient and teachable heart 
  • Expectantly, stay on the lookout for opportunities that He puts before you
  • Realize that each obstacle and each challenge is an opportunity to grow spiritually stronger  

Your adventure may or may not take you to far away lands; it may or may not have you doing out of the ordinary things. 

Thus far, my adventure has been pretty ordinary in the world’s eyes, but not to the Lord, nor to me.  An example that comes to mind is having the privilege to teach my children to read, and now I get to see them as a teen and young adults choose to read and study God’s Word.  Many of you moms know what a thrilling adventure that is!   

You see, there’s no such of a thing as an unimportant assignment to God. 

Look at Tychicus.  His job was to carry Paul’s letters from prison to the churches.  Imagine how insignificant that may have seemed to a casual observer.  Reckon Tyhchicus realized how significant his tasks were going to be?

So just think, my friend,

what you do with your days will literally have eternal significance!  Isn’t that an awesome thought. . . . and responsibility!

Will you say “yes, Lord,” and set sail today on your lifetime adventure? 

There is nothing more fulfilling than living the life that the Lord Jesus Christ calls you to. 

P.S.
The sailor boy image in this post is a free graphic that you are welcome to use.
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you for this timely and precious post. You are so right, telling others is simply an outpouring of our time spent with Him. I had the unimaginable privilege of praying for salvation with my 97-year-old uncle Saturday evening - he had told my aunt (his sis) that he was concerned about where he would go when he dies because "I've done some bad things in my life." Haven't we all!!! Praise the Savior, we're forgiven, if we will only accept His love and forgiveness. And now, my uncle has that subject nailed (to the cross) as he held my hands, bowed his head, and prayed. Hallelujah! Hugs ~ Mary

janice15 said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely post...It was nice to read. Today will be my bible study day and now more than ever I can't wait...It's always something good and rewarding. It makes you think..just like your lovely post...Have a wonderful day and I love this little sailor boy. Thank you..with love Janice

Mrs.T said...

Mrs. Smith -- Such a timely post and so needed by so many of us today. So many times, I feel as if I am not doing enough for the Lord. But all He wants me to do is be faithful in using all that I am and have for Him, and leave the outcome with Him. Thanks so much for the encouragement!

And Mary -- that is so exciting and encouraging about your uncle!!! So often we feel as if older folks are too set in their ways and will never ask Jesus to save them; sometimes we even don't pray for their salvation because we fear it will never happen. Praise the Lord! Your uncle is proof and an encouragement to me not to stop praying for my elderly unsaved relatives.

Pamelyn said...

It is so tempting to just "sit & soak" up the Word! Thanks for the gentle reminder to look for opportunities to share His Word! Thanks so much for following my blog...you have been an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you shared this with your readers. I think sometimes, we get "caught-up" in thinking that we have to "perform big" in order to be of significance to God, but that is simply not the case.

JES said...

Loved this post, it reminded me of Isaiah and I hope to be willing in every moment with his attitude :) when he said,

“Here am I. Send me!” ~ Isaiah 6:8b

Have a wonderful week ~ JES

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Your blog and your post are simply beautiful. Thanks you!

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Such an encouraging post!

Denise said...

Appreciate your encouragement.

~katie~ said...

Oh, this is special, Mrs. Smith!! My favorite line was...

"Thus far, my adventure has been pretty ordinary in the world’s eyes, but not to the Lord, nor to me."

So true!!

Your thoughts made me think of something our pastor mentioned in a sermon once about "Hur" in the Bible. He was only mentioned this time in Exodus 17, when he helped Moses to "stay up his hands". Now, this may seem like it was an insignificant task in the eyes of others, but without this help, Moses may not have been able to fulfill the task given him. Our pastor encouraged us to be like Hur ~ to quietly do those things behind the scenes that may seem small but so very special to our Heavenly Father!

Thank you, as always, for the exhortation to live for Christ!! So appreciate that in you!

Blessings on your weekend,
Katie

Jacqueline said...

These words are so inspiring and so true! thank you for blessing my heart and my resolve, friend.

Pam said...

This is a beautiful post. So well said, and so inspiring. Thank you for this today, Mrs. Smith. It was something I needed to read today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...