Is there someone in your life that greatly needs your prayers?
Maybe they have allowed Satan to blind them, desperately needing to turn themselves over to the Lord.
Or perhaps they live for God but are going through a turbulent time.
If you are like me, at times you may have found yourself feeling so desperate that you don’t know how to pray for them.
In Colossians 1, Paul offers us a guideline:
(Image from Two Crazy Crafters)
1. As you pray for someone, ask that they will perceive life through God’s perspective; that His desires and His direction will be the foundation for which they conduct their life.
2. Pray that they will “walk worthy of the Lord,” honoring His name, and obeying Him in all things; aspiring to have character that will be a reflection of Him.
3. Pray that their heart will be willing to carry out His will, and make a positive impact.
4. Request that they will have an intimate relationship with the Lord, seek His wisdom, and increase in knowledge and understanding of Him.
5. Ask that they see and experience the Lord’s power and tap into His strength for the tasks before them.
6. Pray that the fruits of the spirit will overflow in their life.
7. Ask that they will have an attitude of thankfulness and joy; that their life will become a beacon of light.
Resolve today not to cease from praying for them. God honors our consistency.
“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availth much.” James 5:16B
(Forget-me-nots courtesy of Little Birdie Blessings)