Thursday, November 10, 2011

Simply Home: Spiced Tea Recipe

I am excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas being so near!  What a joyful time of year!  If Christmas had a flavor, this recipe is what I would imagine it to be. 

DSC_0229

It has passed through my family as long as I can remember, always being a favorite of mine.  It also makes a nice gift in a pretty jar and kids have fun mixing the ingredients. 

 1 cup sugar

1 cup Tang

1/4 cup unsweetened instant tea

1/2 package unsweetened lemon drink mix (I use Kool-Aid)        

1 TBS cinnamon

1 TBS cloves

Mix and store in an airtight container.

For each cup filled with boiling water, stir in two – three teaspoons.

It is so good of you to stop by!  Thank you for visiting! 

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love this Spiced Tea! In fact, I still have a handwritten index card from when I wrote down this recipe as a little girl. I was thinking of sharing it on the blog this season. How fun that you did here! Indeed, this drink is so refreshing this time of year!

Blessings,
Katie

Jacinda @ Growing Home said...

It sure sounds easy and yummy enough! I think I may make it this weekend for a church gathering we hope to have at our house. Think it would work to keep it warm in a crock-pot?

Mrs. Smith said...

Jacinda, I am so glad to see you here! It seems like it would keep fine in a crock-pot, although I haven't tried it. That is a good idea, and I may try it with company over the holidays!

Nikki said...

I fondly remember drinking this tea as a little girl. It brings back good memories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...