Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Simply for Fun: Chatting about Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang

Peanuts makes me happy!  I think I became a fan way back when I was a toddler, and I got to stay up past my bedtime to see “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

51bllI7Z-jL._SL500_AA300_ Not long after that, I had a babysitter named Heidi that would draw the characters ‘til my wee heart was content.  She was the best!  By the time I was in elementary school, I set out to learn to draw the gang.  I’m not much of an artist, but I painted an entire wall covered with Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Sally, Peppermint Patty and Marcy in my first little house for my firstborn’s room.  We sold that house about 17 years ago and last I checked the painting was still there.  I don’t think I would ever be so brave to tackle such a project these days!

Do you feel informed now? (It’s way past my bedtime and that is my excuse for such mindless chatter.)  In case your still with me on this post, here are a few Peanuts comics that I found this evening…   

linus&lucy1 - Copy

linus&lucy 2

I’ve always had a Linus personality.  I even enjoyed my thumb and blanket until I was in the fourth grade!  I owe kicking the habit to fear of humiliation from peers—I guess that makes me a little Charlie Brownish too, but my head isn’t quite as shiny. 

peanutssnow1
peanutssnow2

Hopefully not as round either.  Come to think of it, why did Lucy always call him “blockhead”?

snoopycookies - 1)

snoopycookies - 2

snoopycookies - 3

 

514c73pMJHL._SS500_

While I am on my Peanuts promotion kick, this CD is so bright, so cheery, so wonderful and has been a music staple in our car and home for years.  The girls and I are addicted to listening to it every holiday season, and, when it isn’t the holiday season! 

What are some of the things that make you merry this time of year?

1 comment:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

When I was in high school, I was the pianist for a musical play - You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. Been a fan ever sense. Thanks for sharing. ~ Abby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...